If you are a novice on the wine tasting scene, the wine tours in Perth could definitely help you become a connoisseur in no time. However, going on a wine tour for the first time might sound intimidating. You simply need to relax and keep the following tips in mind. You can pull off the Perth wine tour like a pro by following these words of advice.
Tips for a successful wine tasting tour
- The first thing you need to do is check the wine for its colour, taste and viscosity. Viscosity refers to the thickness of the wine. You would get an idea once you have tasted one or two of the wines.
- The second step is to take a whiff of the wine you are about to taste. This helps you identify the additional flavours in the wine. The aroma of the wine is normally detected in three steps. The primary or the first impression. The secondary impression which comes after you actually taste the wine and finally the tertiary impressions which is left at the aftertaste of the wine.
- When tasting the wine, make sure you keep it in your mouth for a few seconds before actually swallowing it. The first step is to take a log sip and then build an after taste by taking several small sips. Just like the aromas of the wine you would notice the taste of the wine in three stages as well. if you do not appreciate the taste of the particular wine you can spit it out in the spittoons which are offered at every wine tasting. It’s not considered rude and definitely no one is going to hold it against you.
- Once you are done with the wine tasting you have got to evaluate the wine. If you like the taste of a particular wine make sure you note it down. After tasting a number of different wines you might not exactly remember which one you like the most. Writing it down can help you remember and take back the wine which you enjoyed the most.
- The other things to keep in mind is not to feel intimidated when people use vine based terms like viticulture and assemblage. Taking a look at the wine glossary before the start of the tour can help you understand what your guide and other people at the wine tour are talking about.
- The best source of knowledge for anyone who is a novice at wine tasting are the tour guides. They can steer you towards wines with flavours which you as a novice would enjoy more.
- Finally it’s not always necessary to buy a bottle of wine on an expensive wine tour, however it definitely won’t hurt if you purchase a bottle of wine or two. This is a great way to show some appreciation of what the wine tour has on offer. Plus wine bottles make great souvenirs for the trip back home.